My name is CAT



My name is Catherine and I turn 30 today. I live with my mum who is a divorcee. She just ended her marriage to my Dad the second time few months ago. I'm left with her being a pain in my behind till ‘’I find my hero’’, she said the day she pulled up with her luggage in front of my door unannounced.

It’s mid-day already and everyone at work had said happy birthday with different looks on their faces. Some had the ‘’I wish you all the best and a genuinely happy life’’ look, some had the ‘’30 and yet no man’’ look, the rest had the ‘’where is the party at’’ look but couldn't really say because I had not celebrated my birthday since I turned 25.


Well my life is pretty boring and I can’t wait to leave work and go home to my bed in peace. I stroked out the peace remembering my mother was home with me and the fact that she could bring back one of her supposedly ‘’HOT’’ DATES home today was not entirely out of the picture. 

My night is ruined again on my birthday.
My phone buzzes and it’s my elder sister Elle, such a sweet soul. Married to an incredible guy. 
Matthew is the love of her life and her only boyfriend turned husband. They met while in school and they clicked the instant they went on their first date. The rest was history because I couldn't hear the last of their ‘’sexscapades’’.  He proposed to her once he got his first job and has not failed to take care of her since then. My sister is indeed very lucky. I can’t say so for myself.


‘’Hi E'm,
‘’Happy birthday Cat, look through the window’’
I look down and my dear Emily is waving happily with a cake that has 30 boldly designed on it.
My life is ruined, now everyone in the building will know I'm old.

I beckon on her to come up and quickly arrange the pile of papers on my desk. A quick look on my little pocket mirror says I'm nothing close to being the celebrant.
E'm comes up with my cake and every one is cheering and  awing at such yellow and black nonsense that reminds me of my age. Who told her I love yellow, maybe black.

''I'm taking you out for drinks tonight and please don’t say no. 
Well I said NO before she finished. I'm in no mood to go out. After much persuasion I finally agreed. It was better than going home to hear sex moans from my mum’s room which was just next to mine.



Stay glued to know more about CAT...

Comments

Unknown said…
We're is the rest 😑
Ogechukwuadaora said…
When somebody is already waiting to see the endπŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ½‍🎀
Stonewill said…
CAT has a pretty diary and I'll love to know more about her. Please don't keep us waiting
ujunwa said…
Madam, you know how i hate seasonal movies cos of their suspense. U have started ooo.
Finish this thing oo
Unknown said…
Very nice u must say..incredible. ..chinelo

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL