5 WEIGHT-LOSS MINDSET TO ADOPT


Loosing weight has been my journey since 2013 and I haven't gone back on my pledge to remain healthy and fit. I decided to loose weight when I turned 21 because I felt skinny was more sexy than fat. I had several  people refer to me as ''Fat'' and that hurt me badly so I decided to start working out and watch what I eat. 

At first I started off for the wrong reasons and with time I got better at setting my priorities right and fixing my mindset. That was when I began my fitness journey and not weight-loss. I wanted more than just loosing few pounds. I wanted to be fit, I wanted my body toned and most of all I wanted an overall healthy body and mind. As this mental shift helped me, I decided to share with some persons who has been struggling with loosing weight or achieving a sustainable weight loss.



  • Make healthy living a lifestyle: You should understand that when trying to loose weight, you are not just whipping up an easy fix that is momentary. Once you understand that eating clean and working out is going to be a lifestyle for you, your mind adjusts to exercising every morning and you don't see it as what you have to do to loose weight only, rather you see it as part of your morning routine for a better life. I personally work out 5-6 times a week and I enjoy everyday of it.

  • Change your goals: I told myself my goal was not to loose weight. My goal was to be fit. Therefore, fitness is continuous, its a lifestyle. I found it interesting and I enjoyed the journey towards being fit. I got fitter every single day and the results wowed me. Let your goal not be a ''NOW'' thing but more of a long term sustainable goal. 

  • Ditch the ''Don't Eat This And That'' Mentality: There are so many myths about eating or not eating some certain kinds of foods. Some say Keto dieting is the best, some say don't eat carbs at all etc. I have a problem with removing an entire food group from my diet because I'm on a weight loss journey. Exactly how long can one sustain that? That's exactly what the quick fix methods advocates. However, when you have lost weight, wouldn't you go back to enjoying those foods? That  is exactly one reason why some keep fluctuating from slim to fat. I advice moderation of everything. Eat in moderation and in small proportions. Your body needs all the food groups and you shouldn't deprive it of those vital nutrients. The only thing you should cut off should be refined sugary drinks, junks and fad foods.

  • Stop stepping on the scale every now and then: This is one way of pressuring your body and overtime when it seems the weigh isn't coming off, then you resort to the ''quick fix'' so as to get a fast result. Those fast results would also go fast. Forget about being on the scale always. Focus more on eating clean and working out. You will see the result in time. 

  • Starvation is not the key to weight-loss: You don't want to harm your body to gratify yourself while looking in the mirror. It would tell on you on the long run. Take it a step at a time. Finally, surround yourself with people of like minds that will motivate you to keep going on until you can be a motivation to someone else. 

Do you need help with loosing weight and most importantly be fit? 

Please contact me and lets start that journey together and sustainably too. Send a mail to kendertalks@gmail.com 
First consultations are free. I'll be sharing more tips on loosing weight subsequently. 






Comments

Anonymous said…
Kender with the Journey....

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

ARE YOU READY 😇😇😇