THREE TYPES OF DETOX TO TRY OUT


The holiday is over and so many junks had been consumed and there isn't any excuse any more for either over eating or drinking. Its time to give the body a break and help it get rid of all the accumulated toxins from the holidays winning and dinning. 

We all know how important detoxing is. It's a healthy way to kick start the year too. I personally see it as a clean start and a way to get my body's metabolism back on track. So here are my three favourite types of detox.



  • THE GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLE DETOX JUICE. 




This is made up of whole green leafy vegetables and green fruits. The method of preparation is pretty simple.

Ingredients: Cabbage, kale, cucumber, spinach, green apples, broccoli .
Method of preparation: Wash all vegetables and fruit. Then cut into tiny bits and blend.
NB: It's quite filling and usually not tasty, therefore you can add lemon juice to it just to make it more tasty. You can drink this smoothie the whole day.
Benefits: It improves gut health, purifies the blood and improves the appearance of the skin amongst many other cleansing benefits.





  • GINGER, LEMON, CUCUMBER WATER.

This detox water is probably one of my best. Any time I feel my body needs to be detoxified, this is my go to detox drink. 


Ingredients: a jar of water, cucumber, ginger, lemon, mint leaves.
Method of preparation: Wash and slice the cucumber and lemon, grate the ginger and put all in a jar then fill with water. Allow it to sit over night. Then strain the water by morning and drink all day.


NB: You can add some mint leaves for flavour while drinking.
Benefits: The water soluble vitamins in the cucumber and lemon is infused into the water making a perfect detox drink for the body. You can also munch on some fruits during the day when hunger pangs kicks in. 

  • WATER


This is basically drinking water all day and eating little or nothing. It's called water detox because you are supposed to drink more water than you usually would in a day. The water improves bowel movement as well as helps the body get rid of toxins.

I usually combine the three types of detox. On the first day I go with the green smoothie detox and the second day I'll bask in the goodness of the ginger, lemon cucumber water and then finish it up with a third day water detox.

It's usually a terribly difficult time for my unhealthy cravings however my skin and body feels so great after the detox. 

So why not try my three day detox with me and give me your feedback.
I'll start mine on Monday 7th of January 2019.

Comments

Stonewill said…
You've even scared us
How do we now join you eeeh miss kender
Anonymous said…
Nice but three days huh?
Unknown said…
@stonewill I didnt I tend scaring you however we can do this ok?
Anonymous said…
I didnt join the tree days detox but i can do mine now

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL