DRINK IN THE PROCESS.


I pushed through the last set of the sit ups with excruciating pain. I had completed 80 reps already and had 20 more to go. I looked at my tummy, (Gosh !) I didn't see no abs popping out.

I've been on this ''abs acquisition'' thing since September and yet I didn't have anything to show for it. So many times I wanted to quit but the mental picture of the way I wanted to be kept me motivated. 





I finally finished and went straight to the shower. As usual most inspiration and ideas comes while I shower (who else can relate). While bathing  the sentence "Drink in the process" kept ringing in my head. I actually paused to think  about it, then I realized what it meant.

Imagine this......

In September, I decided I wanted to have abs and a toned body. I started working out almost every day to achieve my goals. Every exercise I engaged in was solely to achieve my goals.

Now when I thought about the sentence "Drink in the process", I realized I was wrong all along. Let's imagine I achieved my goal of getting my abs this November, would I stop exercising  afterwards ?
How would I maintain those abs?

I only thought about the now and forgot to enjoy the healthy and fit lifestyle of working out everyday.  I work out almost every day now but the difference now is that am going to enjoy doing it.

Its a life style and a movement if you ask me (one you all should join). And I chose right cause imagining myself at 40.......Damn I'd look so hot.

This isn't my usual "serious" article but in its unusual way, It's aimed at encouraging someone out there too. While you are working hard to be successful,  set up that business, write that book, whatever it is.....make sure you enjoy the process.

The process teaches you, makes you improved at doing better and most of all, you can impact others because you actually took note of every moment.

Kender loves you'll dearly.







Comments

Unknown said…
its a journey not a race...love this post
Ogechukwuadaora said…
Your talking to me right here.i am always inspired after reading your article.God bless you.
Anonymous said…
Love this , nice one sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL