LETTER TO AREWA


Dear Arewa

It's been months since death took you away. I lost my entire world the day I lost you. I remember the way you smile and close your eyes to fight tears cause you laughed deeply from your heart. 

Arewa, It's been cold since you left, the world has lost it's color and I can only wish to join you. I watched you every evening when you returned from work. Your face bore the perfect charm even in your tiredness. 

For every time I waved at you, Arewa you waved back with a smile so perfect like that of an angel. I always planned for the day I would talk to you. I imagined you thought me to be a dumb, but my guts always failed me each time I ever wanted to try. 

I wrote you a note but each time I gave myself one excuse or the other not to give it to you. I felt you were just too perfect for any human not to talk of me. 

My thoughts were true after all. I waited on that Thursday evening for you to pass. I had made up my mind to tell you how I felt. Taking your bag inside and asking you for a drink was my plan. I had made up my mind to take you to a nice spot and watch you drink fanta ( I found out it was your favorite drink......how odd), but everything about you is amazingly odd.

I had looked at my wrist watch a zillion times but there was no sign of you. The hot flashes I felt were becoming unbearable. I assumed it to be my guts failing me again, but no..........my body was telling me you were gone. 

AREWA, you left without saying goodbye. You left me with so many unspoken words. I die every day I remember my failures. Yes I call it failure because I watched you everyday for six months and I never summoned the courage to talk to you. 

My world is crashing in on me and I'm trapped with the heavy emotions of guilt and pain mixed in an uneven proportion. Each weighs heavily on me. 
The sound of my voice echos in my ears.  
My world is empty
The one I love is gone
My heart beats in great tumults of REGRETS.

I wake up to darkness, and I go back to sleep in darkness. I've asked so many times and I can't seem to find an answer. Can I turn back the hands of time, I would have wrestled with my guts winning and walking over to say ''Hi Arewa'' on the 5th of May. 

            .........................................................................

We are not always here. We are here today and tomorrow we may be gone. Leave each day like it's your last and love freely. Seize every opportunity to be nice and express your feelings.
You Only Live Once.....


Comments

Unknown said…
the best post so far.....i love it, life is really a basket of moments and memories ...live life to the fullest and always try to be happy because we will all die someday
@Raphael Thanks so much. I actually cried while writing it. The reality just kept setting in. Thanks so much for reading.
Anonymous said…
So inspiring and emotional
Anonymous said…
Emotional, best love story but did the writer lost someone because it sound personal.
Dear ANONYMOUS, The writer didn't loose anyone. I write out of inspiration.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL