........JUST HOW DEEP




I'm telling my story. No one knows it all until we pass through certain ordeals. I was one of those girls who believed that love just had to be what is seen and nothing else. I just turned 25 and I was in a relationship with two guys. 

The first was much older than myself and He loved me so much and he took very good care of me. I didn't need to complain before he knew I wanted something. He was always on time and I loved that about him. He loved flaunting me as well. I was very beautiful and I had a ''banging''  body. I too loved my body cause I knew too well that I had all it takes to keep my man. 

My second boyfriend was just a young man who was struggling to make ends meet or so I thought. I did not regard him that much cause I felt he was not good enough for me. Basically because he couldn't meet all my needs and as a young girl who had just finished serving and left her parents house, I needed a lot of things to survive.I loved him though but I felt love was not just enough.

Few moths into dating my rich boy friend, I got a job at a hotel. I didn't need to make use of my little salary cause he provided me with everything I needed. My salary came in handy when my siblings or parents needed money.

On that fateful day I went to work from my rich boyfriend's house. I was on night duty and I had slept off on the restaurant floor. It was mid night already and usually at that time customers hardly came. I decided to rest my head and I slept off, little did I know that the chef on duty forgot to turn off the gas cylinder from the main source. Minutes after he left the kitchen, the gas started leaking and before anyone knew what was happening the kitchen caught fire. I was still sleeping when I heard the noise. I woke up immediately and ran off towards the kitchen direction........I ran into the on coming fire. 

I was immediately rushed to the hospital but I guess it was too late already since almost all parts of my body had caught fire and I was badly injured. My face was badly disfigured due to the fire and other parts of my body. I could hardly recognize myself and I cried each day. To top it all,my rich boyfriend came to see me at the hospital one week after the fire accident and after that day he never showed up again. 

I called him every day all to no avail.  The other boyfriend who I never regarded was always with my mum at the hospital. He always told my mum to go rest that he could take care of me. 

I underwent many surgeries and on the day I went in for my last surgery, he took me by the hand and assured me every thing would be all right. Before the nurses came to carry me off to the theater he knelt down and proposed to me with the finest ring I had ever seen.

I was mute. I didn't know what to say. The first question I asked him was......''Take a good look at me, I have a disfigured face, I was never faithful to you and you still want to marry me?  He smiled and reassured me that he always loved me and wanted to marry me and that the fire would never be the obstacle. 

One month after I was discharged from the hospital, we got married. Since then he's been so adorable and and treats me like a golden egg. We have two wonderful kids now and I have never for one day regretted ever getting married to him.

Love is deeper than looks, love is deeper than emotions or feelings, love is deeper than money or material things. Only the brave can love deep enough and beyond beauty or money. The power of love can tear down any wall or obstacle. My lovely readers......when you love, Love unconditionally and uncompromisingly. Be brave to love deep enough.


This is a true life story and if you have been touched by it, leave your comments at the comment section. If you have a story you would love to share with the world, please feel free to email in your stories at kendertalks@gmail.com

             #Kender cares!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice and touching Kender.
Anonymous said…
Am touch Christobel. I would like to read ur own story. *Ruth
Anonymous said…
You re a gd story teller. Or is this truly real?
Anonymous said…
I know u from Fb. U re doing well. Ur simplicity in writing is commendable.
Anonymous said…
#letsshareourstories. Nice one. Will email in mine cos the world needs to know
Anonymous said…
Really really nice.
Anonymous said…
U re doing well young lady.
Its a true life story!
Thanks a lot for reading
Thanks for the hash tag. Will be waiting for your mail
Anonymous said…
I love your stories. So inspiring. Please keep it up
Thanks a lot dear. Am glad you liked it.
spower said…
Nice one. Just hope the right girl reads this.sometimes when money is involved in a relationship it becomes give and take not really love. Maybe I would tell you my own story someday. Have been on both sides if that coin I.e having and not having #winks

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

ARE YOU READY 😇😇😇