My Name Is CAT




                                           EP 3

Sprawled up in bed and reminiscing over yesterday’s date and checking my phone at intervals. He should have called or sent a text message by now. He was so apt yesterday, I thought aloud. 

He smiled and waved at me once he saw me walking into the restaurant. It then occurred to me that he had seen a picture of me prior to the meeting and I hadn't. I should have, but I wanted to be surprised and I was.
He looked clean and well put together. His blue silk shirt was opened at the neck, giving him a jaunty look. The shoulders were wide and arms looking very powerful. He looked really big and utterly masculine, like he spends a lot of time at the gym.


Thank God for the waiter who distracted me and stopped me from making a fool out of myself. I was drooling.
‘’He should be the one looking at me lustfully and I’ll be acting all sanctimonious like I didn't enjoy it. But the reverse is the case here’’, I kept thinking even as the waiter still stood waiting for my response on what to drink.

‘’I ordered for us since you said you have never been here. Wish I knew your taste in drinks so I’ll order, fully aware that you’ll like whatever I picked. I like to know my woman thoroughly.
At this point the rumbling in my stomach had increased. He was dropping hints already.

I told the waiter I wanted just water and he insisted I tried one of the cocktails on the menu, which by the way I didn't remember the name after I struggled to pronounce it. I really did like it after the first sip. It had a tinge of lemon taste that made it really taste healthy.
We talked about so many things but we dwelt mainly on family. It was really nice and here I am, not in church and waiting on his call.


Emily always said if a guy liked the first date, he would keep calling.
I told her all about the date and she was so excited as though she had gone on the date herself. She kept screaming I was so lucky to have found the ‘’One’’ and how she missed that early days of flirting and making out with Matthew.
It looked stupid at this point of waiting endlessly for his call. I’ll do the calling just to make him know he was being thought of.


It’s 2:45pm at this point.

‘’Hey!
Hi dear, how are you?
His voice was still as husky as ever. I would try to act noncommittal so he wouldn't think I've got any feelings whatsoever for him.
‘’I'm good. Just wanted to check up on you.
I'm good, thanks for doing that. Just got back from church and prepping for my meetings tomorrow’’
‘’I’ll leave you to that. Bye.


He hung up and left me feeling more miserable than I was. The battle of words that took place in my head afterwards drove me to the kitchen for food and some temporary insanity.
‘’You shouldn't have called’’
He isn't even that interested in you.
He probably has a girl with him and he was so quick to get rid of you on the phone.
But he looked so interested in me while we were on the date. He was so doting and don’t forget he dropped hints of ‘’My woman’’
You fool, he wasn't talking about you. He has a woman.
That’s not true, Sweet Alexandria said he was single.
But she didn't mention searching
So why the set-up date then.
Men are curious, so he probably just wanted to see you out of curiosity not that he is interested in you.


After the question and answer session in my head, I went back to my room to get ready for the week as I also heard Mama driving in. She didn't pass the night in the house, so where ever she was coming from definitely was so much fun that she just sent a text so say she was fine last night. I wasn't ready for details so I pretended to be sleeping when she checked in on me immediately she dropped her purse and her little travel bag.

That pretence didn't work. She yelled my name twice standing just by my bed side.
‘’I know you are not sleeping. I've got gist but first how was your date?
I turned around making the sleepy angry face but instead she smacked my hand.
‘’what was that for’’, I screamed.
‘’I come home after a night of not sleeping here and you didn't even call to check up on me yet you pretended to be sleeping’’
‘’You said you were fine mama’’
‘’That was after I didn't get your call’’
‘’You did not even tell me you were leaving the house yesterday, so….

‘’You first! she said even before I finished what I was saying.
‘’The date was fine but he didn't call this morning until I called him in the afternoon to check up on him and there was no excitement in his voice.


She quickly waved my story and told me of the guy she met online. They had the first date and now the second date which was yesterday and she spent the night at his place and they were planning on going to Kenya next week. This has happened in just two weeks she moved in with me and barely two years of getting divorced with Dad. I was happy for her and wondered why my relationship wouldn't move so fast like hers.


It’s been three weeks since the date, he had not called me and there hasn't been another date. I tried calling Ken once but no response neither did he return the call. At that point I was getting over him, however the sex dreams were just occurring almost every other night. 

Last night was mad. He came into the shower. I had just turned the shower on and he leaned in and whispered into my ears
‘’You were meant for me and I’ll cherish you every waking second of my life with you’’
I smiled deeply and before I could turn to look him in the face and reciprocate those words, he grabbed my waist and caressed my breast, he flicked my nipples and sent an icy cold yet warm sensation down my entire body. It was as though they waited for his touch and they hardened. His other hand slipped down to my navel and further down. He rubbed gently against them. The passion was welling up and the fire in me couldn't be contained any longer. I turned and our lips met. His tongue explored every inch of my mouth and at this point I didn't care about seeing his face. The double stimulation from the deep thrust and kisses magnified the intensity to an unbearable pitch. Then I woke up.



Today hasn't been going on well and all I need is a cold bath and a nice long sleep. I got off work early as I had meetings which finished earlier than I expected. I got home to mama unpacking her bags. 

She had gone on the Kenya trip with her new boyfriend she calls Tee. She told us his name was Theophilus and she chose to call him Tee since he had an ancient name. I missed her while she was gone and I was so happy to see her when I walked in. 

Emily was already at my place and she was already filling her in on the details of the trip. I joined them almost absent-mindedly. From her stories she really had a good time. They went to the Shela beach and the Safari club amongst other fun places. They were gone for almost three weeks. Then it occurred to me that it’s the 19th.
‘’Cat, you are so quiet, is any thing the matter?’’. Emily asked.
I’m late E’m.
‘’Late for what Mama asked’’ still unpacking.’
‘’My period. Its 4 days late’’……

Comments

Unknown said…
Amazing๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Thanks for reading @charles banacon
Unknown said…
OMG,hope she isn't pregnant for the unknown man
..
I love the suspence.....chinelo

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL