CLANGING CYMBALS



                                       PART         ONE

 It's my story and I want to share it. Probably to lighten my burden and cause I deserve a fresh start. 

It all started on that fateful day. My world turned, the clouds over me got dark and my thoughts got darker. Living became such a burden and my whole being yearned for vengeance. You may wonder why, wait until you hear my story.

I had just returned from school. I was in primary four at that time and I knew a lot of things in History cause my History Teacher had a lovely hand writing even on the chalk board. Since I loved his artistic writing, I enjoyed every bit of the class. 

It was hot outside and my heavy school bag had given me a new walking step. Sagging down to my waist, I had to constantly push my butt up to give my waist rest from the heavy load. 

On my neck hung a little pen with an inscription ''Hello kitty'' written on it. My best friend had given it to me as a ''best friend gift''. I called her best friend cause prior to this day, we had both agreed to tell every one who cared to listen that we were best friends. 

I knocked severally on the door and didn't get an answer. I sat on the clean pavement which my cousin had mopped earlier in the morning. 

I remembered how she warned me not to pass with my shoes as she mopped the floor. It was usually a struggle for us since I loved to see her eyes widen in annoyance as she scolded me.

I stretched my little legs on the floor wishing she was around to see me relax on the floor with my dirty shoes. I finally heaved a sigh of relief as I pulled my bag closer and lay my head on it. 

After what seemed like few minutes to me, I was awakened by our neighbor's baritone voice. I rubbed my eyes as I innocently answered his question. 

''I think mum and dad are not around cause I have knocked severally and no response''

I was fluent in English language at a very young age. I loved to debate a lot, hence my knowledge of new words my mates didn't know about. 

''Come upstairs and wait for them'', He said as he helped me up and took my little hand. 
''Christ! You carry this every day?'' he asked while lifting my bag. 

I didn't need to answer him cause he already knew the answer. I had gotten used to carrying it that it didn't seem so heavy. 

He offered me a glass of water and asked if  I wanted to eat, but my mother's warning on eating outside  was playing on replay in my head.


                                 ..................to be continued

       Our stories matter
      Sharing our stories matter the most
      Share your story today and inspire someone
      Share via Email.....kendertalks@gmail.com
      #ShareYourStory
   

Comments

Anonymous said…
thrilling and exciting
Orlin said…
kender you keep waohing me. thats if there is a word like that
Anonymous said…
I emailed you. Hope you got it
Anonymous said…
nice story
waka pass said…
beta tori. you make sense die
Anonymous said…
pls bring back crisis. I love that story plsssssssssssssssssssssss
Thanks for reading and expecting Crisis. It would soon be published.
I got some emails dear, but I wouldn't know if its you or not cause you appeared as anonymous
Thanks for reading Orlin. I appreciate.
Unknown said…
I prefer this story is kept, but your writing re good.
Unknown said…
I prefer this story is kept, but your writing re good.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL