G F K: Don't Forget to Stretch


 The fit life has come upon me and I can't complain. I'm loving every bit of waking up in morning and sweating it out. It's like my rebound ritual that gets me on track everyday. I push my body to attain every goal I set.

Sometimes I get asked if my aim is to loose weight, the answer is NO. I workout because I want to be very fit, healthy and strong. So basically I workout 5-6 times a week. Even on days when I feel so tired in between workouts, I visualize myself with my six packs and chiseled looks. This just pushes me to go further. 

That being said, let's get to the crux of the matter. I always down played stretching before and after workout. I saw it as a non calorie burning routine which is rather a waste of time. This notion changed when I developed a very disturbing back ache. The back ache developed to shoulder ache and overall body ache.  After much research, I found out that the stretch I so neglected was the solution to my ache.


You may think of stretching as something performed only by runners or gymnasts. But we all need to stretch in order to protect our mobility and independence. "A lot of people don't understand that stretching has to happen on a regular basis. It should be daily routine to help flex the muscles.

Stretching keeps the muscles flexible, strong, and healthy, and we need that flexibility to maintain a range of motion in the joints. Without it, the muscles shorten and become tight (reasons why my muscles always ached). Then, when you call on the muscles for activity, they are weak and unable to extend all the way. That puts you at risk for joint pain, strains, and muscle damage.

Knowing that stretching isn't only for people who workout often, its also advised for people who sit down for long hours at work. This would save you a lot of muscle pain in the long run.
This post may not cover all you need to know about stretching, but its an eye opener on the importance of stretching. So read up and and get those muscles flexible with a daily stretching routine.

Follow my fitness page (@get_fit_with_kender) to get more update on my fitness journey and healthy lifestyle.


Photo Credit: Google.

Comments

Unknown said…
Really inspiring. You write so well dear...keep it up....chinelo
Thanks Nelo. I appreciate.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL