Filled To The Brim With Fake Confidence.


So many dreams are buried in low self esteem. The fight and struggle to stay balanced between low self esteem and over confidence is really tough. Some of us don't talk about it because we think everyone else got it all figured out and you are alone in that struggle. You are not alone. So many of us are still in the journey towards finding that balance (Self Confidence).

I recently started the "Get in Touch With Your True Self'' movement. The goal wasn't really to inspire people, the goal was to discover more about my true self. I thank God I didn't ignore the push. I got a journal and every morning I woke up, I wrote down my thoughts. In between my day, I wrote down the way I felt towards myself and towards others. This helped me find out some things about me which I always suspected. I didn't have self confidence. Over confidence is not self confidence.

Some of you may know this, if you suffered low self esteem at some point while growing up, it's usually very easy to slide into over confidence while working on your confidence. It's like trying to make up for the years you looked down on yourself or the times you thought others didn't believe in you.

Now the problem is that over confidence is fake confidence. Its a selfish kind of confidence. You often make people around you even question their worth. I found out that this ''Fake Confidence'' robbed off on the way I treated people. I took risks even when I wasn't supposed to cause deep down inside, I feared to fail or make mistakes. I feared to ever feel low about myself. So I fought, I resisted and at some point I was no longer in touch with the real me, instead I was well aware of FEAR instead of ME.

These things are issues some people maybe dealing with. It may be low self esteem showing its traits in your life in forms where you never really set out to accomplish any goal you set. You always find ways of talking yourself out of any thing that isn't your comfort zone cause you are scared to fail. The over confident ones in trying to over come that fear of failure over stretch themselves to points that exposes them to yield points and breakdown.



I've decided to embark on finding that balance between low self esteem and over confidence which is the true self confidence. Success is dependent on how much you believe in your self without the struggle of trying to prove to the old self that you are now beyond making those mistakes.


The way we treat others is also a function of how confident we are. I've over time realized this and in my quest to become a better person I'll go all the way to find this balance.( I hope you do so too).

If you would like to join me, Please indicate either in the comment section or write me. That way I can share my drafted work plan with you'll and together we would succeed. Thanks.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice one dear.i fought low self esteem myself as a child growing up.at some time,i began to realise myself,i began to see the qualities that i possessed,and then i knew i had to stand up for myself and get over with it. And today,i won over low self esteem...chinelo.
Yeah girl, cheers to the winning. I love that.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways To Get Out Of A BAD Mood

The War Within

THE UNKNOWN CALL